14 May 2021
The COVID-19 Family Violence Data Portal (portal) examines Victorian family violence incidents and service use trends across more than 30 data indicators. Data housed in the portal examines trends from 1 January 2019 through to 31 December 2020, with comparisons drawn between 2019 and 2020 figures.
The portal was funded as a component of the Victorian Family Violence Database, and was developed in collaboration with over 20 Federal, State and private sector services.
The COVID-19 Family Violence Data Portal is available here .
Data is included in the portal from:
· Victoria Police
· Ambulance Victoria
· Public hospital emergency presentations (Victorian Emergency Minimum Dataset)
· Kids Helpline
· Men’s Referral Service
· Victims of Crime Helpline
· Victim Assistance Program
· Homelessness Data Collection (Specialist homelessness services)
· Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria
· Domestic Violence Victoria
· The Lookout
· Victoria Legal Aid
· Victorian Child Protection Service
· Seniors Rights Victoria
· Federal Circuit Court
· Family Court of Australia
· Department of Home Affairs
· Safe Steps